Tuesday 16 October 2018

Frangipani Embossed Foil 15th Birthday Female Card


The Finished Card I made for my Art student's 15th Birthday.  Her favourite Flowers are Frangipanis 


I experimented with the aluminium embossing foil and embossed two large Frangipanis with spirals and dots of different sizes.  I applied a variety of paints to the flowers, trialling which one looked more effective.  I love Cadence Art & Hobby Paints Dora as they are brilliant, shimmery and very creamy in consistency and you tend not to use very much as it goes a long way.  Very economical product!  I also applied Inka Gold paints, even though it gave a smooth, soft effect, I preferred the Cadence Paints for this card.


A close-up detailed view of the embossed birthday artwork for the card


The Embossed artwork in the mount card frame.


The Framed painted Frangipani, the front of the Birthday Card.


As the Painted Embossed Foil is the hero of the Front of the Card, I knew that any other adornment had to be simple yet complimentary. 


I'm loving the South African Celebr8 products, so I chose a Flower from one of their Chipboard panels (SKU: MB3604) to paint with Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals.  Amazingly sparkly metallic paint and a little goes a long way!


A bright, dark purple Satin and sheer Ribbon was laid across the bottom of the Black Frame and a Little Birdie Primed Chipboard Birthday Wishes sentiment was painted with Cadence Art & Hobby Paints Dora - Amethyst.  Two Yellow Pearl Sequins with CTMH Purple Glitter Gems as the centres completes the front of the card.


I always complete my cards with Interior sentiments and/or thematic decoration.  On the left side, I continued the purple and yellow colour scheme and Frangipani theme.

Recipe:

Stamps: Practical Publishing International - Whatever the Weather - Happy Birthday Sunshine

Papers/Surface: Zart - Aluminum Embossing Foil; Zart A5 - Black/White Mount Card Frame; Purple Cobweb Paper; Various paper and cardstock from my stash

Inks: Kaleidacolor Raised Rainbow Dye InkPad - Calypso

Mediums: Cadence Art & Hobby Paints Dora - Hot Pink 191, Pearl 152, Canary Yellow 199, Amethyst 156; Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals - Yellow Gold & Metallic Amethyst

Embellishments: Little Birdie Primed Chipboard - Birthday Wishes; Celebr8 Chipboard - Flower SKU: MB3604; Sequin Flowers; CTMH - Purple Glitter Gems Z1936; Porta Craft Enamel Dots - Purple; Purple Satin & Sheer Ribbon


Thanks for dropping in 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wendy Darling August My Besties Card

For the August My Besties Aussie DT Challenge,  I chose the Wendy Darling Digi from The Land of Pan by Sherri Baldy.  The theme was A...